Welcome. This is the place where pictures and a narrative of the ongoing voyages of Minerva will show up, whenever I get internet access and of course, when I have something new and hopefully exciting to share. Hope you enjoy yourself here, and don't be shy, please comment if you have something to share or say!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

38 & 51

I was hanging out in Newport Beach some time ago when two airplanes buzzed the harbor.  They were vintage fighter planes from WWII like the ones my dad flew while serving in Europe during that era.  My first reaction was to say hi to him as the planes soared overhead.  I hope he heard me over the screaming Rolls Royce 12 cylinder, supercharged, 1000 hp engines in both planes (the 38 having two of these monsters).  Even though they made two passes, they were long gone before I had a chance to get my camera and some pictures, but recently, while on the hook in Corona Del Mar, I heard the distinctive sound of those engines again and immediately got my camera and a couple of good pictures:
click on picture to enlarge
P-38 twin engined, twin boomed WWII fighter leading the P-51.

click on picture to enlarge
Once again, Hi Dad!

1 comment: